Tips for car rentals
Although most of us have our own car, there are many cases where we may need to rent a car for a few days, or even months and it would be good in these cases to know the 10 Tips for car rentals. In most of these cases, the rental is done during our vacation, but there are other cases such as a long trip with a comfortable car or even due to due to a technical problem and as a result of our car going to the car repair shop.
How many people on our vacation have felt an uncertainty in our movements? How many times have we missed an opportunity to visit an attraction or a beautiful location during our vacation? How many hours did we spend on vacation waiting for a public transport or looking for a way to visit the location we wanted?
Renting a car, in addition to the comfort and security it provides us in a location foreign to us, most of the time helps us save time and money on our holidays, but also in our daily lives.
Many of us have heard or experienced cases where renting a car has left us with a bitter taste and a very bad opinion of car rental companies. To never be in such a situation there are 10 tips for car rentals you must follow:
- Do price research comparing many companies. Many times we will fall “accidentally” in an ad just before we go on vacation and while we have already visited car rental websites. Even if the price is extremely affordable, it can deceive us.
- Be suspicious when the price of a car is lower than buying a coffee from a well-known take away chain. We have all seen occasional car rental ads where prices can start as low as one euro. Such a price is of course unprofitable for the rental company. In most cases there are additional charges that you may face upon receipt of the car (we have even heard of a charge of A4 glue on which the rental contract will be printed), but also charges after the return of the car where an employee of the company Rental will be waiting for you around the corner looking for ways to charge you while keeping part of the guarantee.
- Read the terms and conditions carefully. Within the terms and conditions the rental companies are obliged to list anything that may incur additional charges as well as any restrictions that accompany the rental.
- See the limits on the kilometers that each company gives you. Many times companies set some limits on the daily kilometers you are allowed to travel. In most cases this limit is enough as if you are given the opportunity to travel for example 150 kilometers per day, and your reservation lasts 10 days, it does not matter if you will travel 1000 kilometers on the first day. The aim is to return the car with less than 1500 kilometers traveled within the ten-day rental period. So if you plan to make long trips you should find the company that provides you with the most kilometers, as well as the most economical charge per additional kilometer.
- Find out about the cost of the guarantee and the additional coverage. For renting a car, there is a damage guarantee which is basically the maximum cost you can pay in the event of any damage to your rental car. There are extra insurance coverages that you can choose from, either to reduce the amount of the guarantee, or even to cancel it.
- Find the terms and costs of cancellation. In many cases, in order to better organize our vacation and to book the car more economically, we make our reservation long before the date of receipt. In this case you will have to look for what cancellations you will be asked to pay in case of cancellation of your reservation. Ideally, you should find a company that either has no cancellations at all or its cancellations will be valid a few days before booking (eg 7 days before the date of receipt).
- Photograph the car when you receive it. Most companies when they deliver the car to you either photograph it or note on the contract the damage to a plan of the vehicle. In any case, you should photograph the car before receiving it, point out to the employee who delivers it to you that there are damages that he may not have recorded and ask him to note them as well.
- Inform about the return of the car. Returning the car is probably the most important moment of the rental as you may be surprised and have to pay even for something you did not know. So ask the company representative if the car should be returned damaged and what should be the fuel level in the return.
- Check the car on your return with the company employee. When it’s time to return the car, check with the employee for any damage and in case of any disagreement to refer to the photos you took upon receipt. If you have paid a guarantee for the car, ask the employee when the card will be released and ask the office to send you the proof of release (if this can not be done by the representative at that time).
- Of course, we kept the most important thing for the end. Make your next car booking from TCRentals and enjoy your trip safely, economically and with a choice of car through a wide range of new vehicles. TCRentals provides you with clear rental terms and 24-hour service for any information you need about renting your car. There are no hidden charges and you will not be asked to pay anything more than what is stated in your contract. Through the website tcrentals.gr you can find the most economical prices for the next rental of your car and make your reservation in just a few steps.
Book now from TCRentals and start your journey!